The authority’s implementation of environmental and labor laws are weak in many of the countries that produces goods sold in Norwegian stores. In addition, the risk of corruption is often high and human rights violations a serious problem.
Did you know that:
- 300 million workers lives in extreme poverty, and even more lives in relative poverty.
- The 50% poorest in the world recieved 12% of the income growth between 1980 and 2016.
- 4 billion people, almost 2/3 of the world’s populations, experience severe water shortages at least one month each year.
- The world’s CO2 emissions must be cut by more than 50% by 2030, and reach 0 by 2050, to limit global warming to 1.5%C, as recommended by UN experts.
- Nearly 3 million people die each year due to work-related illness or accident.
- Women earn approximately 20% less than men worldwide.
- In 2019, workers in 52 countries were exposed to violence and trade union representatives were killed in 10 countries.
- 25 million people are in forced labor, 16 million in the private sector.