Day 1 - Environmental impacts in the textile life cycle
- Introduction to LCA with examples from the textile area w/Cecilia Askham, Østfoldforskning
- Environmental impact from textiles and footwear in a life cycle perspective; fibers, production processes, toxic chemicals, microplastics, circular economy, business models etc, w/ Sandra Roos, RISE
- Modelling the life cycle of a product: Group activity
- Outlook in the world: SAC’s Higg Index, EU’s PEF etc, w/ Sandra Roos, RISE
Day 2 - Possibilities to improve environmental performance
- Improvement possibilities and quantifying their results, w/ Sandra Roos, RISE
- Improving the environmental performance: Group activity
- Improving the environmental performance: Group activity reporting
- How to move forward in companies and in research – conclusions, w/ Sandra Roos, RISE
Who is this training for:
Staff involved in design and product development, and/or staff involved in ethical trade/sustainability and follow up of suppliers.
About the trainers:
Sandra Roos is a research scientist at Swerea IVF. She holds a doctorate in Environmental Systems Analysis in clothes suggesting a procedure for systematic inventorying and characterising of chemicals in LCA for textiles. She is also manager for the Swedish Chemicals Group at Swerea IVF (Kemikaliegruppen) with many members in the Scandinavian textile industry.
Cecilia Askham is a senior research scientist at Østfoldforskning, and holds a doctorate in Environmental Systems Analysis, focusing on environmental product development combining the Life Cycle Perspective with Chemical Hazard Information.
The workshop will be conducted in english.
Cost of workshop
2400 kr (IEH and NFH members), 6400 kr for non-members. This includes lunch and training material.
The workshop is full. Contact reidun(at)etiskhandel.no if you wish to register for the waiting list.