The event is targeted Danish companies in the food and meat sector, specifically buyers and CSR employees in retail, catering and industry sectors. We are planning to explore the following topics: (subject to change)
To sign up, follow this link.
- Future trends around sustainability on the global beef scene // Helene Regnell, Regnell Works (in Danish)
- The future trends in sustainability on the beef scene from a commercial point of view. What trends are going to re-sculpt the markets and what to prepare for in order to maintain and win market shares.
- Climate impact from beef production // Frank W. Oudshoorn, specialkonsulent, SEGES (in Danish)
- How is climate footprint calculated for beef? How do we manage the climate footprint in the primary production in Denmark? Is the beef production sustainable? How does differences in feed or distance affect the greenhouse gas emissions?
- Responsible sourcing of beef – a risk based approach to supply chain management // by Christian Sloth and Alexandra Banks, responsible sourcing experts, NEPCon (in Danish and English)
- 1.What are the problems in relation to environment and people: risk results from beef production in Argentina and Brazil. 2. What is the solution: the mechanics of due diligence and working with risk in the supply chain. 3. Hands on tools and exercises to minimise the risks.
- Case study: CARMO Food – towards responsible sourcing of beef from Brazil // Jeppe Jakobsen, Purchasing Manager, CARMO Food (in Danish)
- How to put NEPCon’s new beef risk assessments into use. How to identify risk in your supply chain and how to minimise the risk by working directly with your suppliers.
- How to tell the good story about responsible beef // Hanne Harbo, Strategic Food Planner & Partner with Nørgaard Mikkelsen (in Danish)
- We will look at an example of good storytelling about responsible meat in a marketing perspective. Preview of Hanne’s new and wanted book Food Trends 2018 with a specific focus on consumer behaviour in connection with meat. Insight in Nørgård Mikkelsens case about livestreaming lamb from Wales, where transparency and authenticity are keywords in the story telling.
NB! The event will be partly in Danish and partly in English.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Helene Regnell, Regnell Works
Helene Regnell has been working with sustainability close to 20 years. Most recently she has had the responsibility for CSR in Maersk Line and Dansk Supermarked. In the beginning of July 2017 Helene started her own company by the name of Regnell Works, where she offers strategic counselling to companies who wishes to define their own approach to sustainability and CSR
Frank W. Oudshoorn, Special Consultant SEGES
Frank works as a Special Consultant with organics in SEGES. Amongst other things he coordinates RISE sustainability measurements and also focuses on recirculating, climate and emissions, operational techniques and energy consumption. He possesses a broad knowledge about the practises and the theory in connection with agriculture in Denmark and Europe.
Christian Sloth, Forest Legality Programme Manager NEPCon
Christian has more than 10 years’ experience in wood products, timber legality and natural resource project management. He has expert knowledge and experience in management of legality verification programs, development of standards and procedures, forest legality verification, and risk assessments. He has participated extensively in the EU stakeholder process on the development of EUTR Due Diligence Requirements. He has global working experience in many countries, especially in Europe and Asia. Christian has MSc in Land Use in Developing Countries and MSc in Agroforestry.
Alexandra Banks, Senior Legality Specialist NEPCon
Alexandra has several years of experience on international forest policy and international trade regulation. Over the last 3.5 years Alexandra has worked with NEPCon LegalSource clients and legality projects. Alexandra has extensive project experience in the AsiaPacific, in particular Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia. Working in particular on projects related to legality, Alexandra applies her legal and technical background to a number of NEPCon areas.
Jeppe Jakobsen, Purchasing Manager & Partner CARMO FOOD
Jeppe has over 20 years of experience within the global trade with food – of these he has spent the last 15 years at CARMO FOOD, who has their headquarter situated in Nørresundby and office in Manila, Philippines. Jeppe will amongst other things be talking about CARMO FOODs work with responsible sourcing in relation to their CSR and Sourcing Policy. He will also talk about how CARMO FOOD experienced to be part of the case study programme in the project ”Responsible Sourcing of Soy, Cattle and Palm Oil” and how they have implemented and used the different tools developed by the project.
Hanne Harbo, Strategic Food Planner & Partner, Nørgård Mikkelsen
Hanne Harbo has worked with strategy and innovation for almost all the significant Danish food brands in the past 30 years.
Hanne Harbo works as Strategic Food Planner & Partner in Nørgård Mikkelsen. Hanne has just finished the book Food Trends 2018.